Monday, January 3, 2011

Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories...

These warm memories make me want to sing and run and jump and yell and laugh for joy, because it is literally freezing right now. As in: my hot water has been frozen for three days and we have to heat it on the stove. So here goes.

Waking up one day when winter is just turning to spring and hearing a bird outside my window.

Going for a walk on a spring morning a few weeks later and hearing thousands of birds chirping, whooping, cooing and singing like crazy. I love living near the river in the springtime because there are so many different birds. It makes me absolutely giddy when all the birds congregate and make a ruckus for the first time each spring!

Watching the trees bud and bloom and the the tulips and daffodils come up.

The last week of school, when all the tests are done and there is really nothing to do but party and wait for the last day to come.

Lying on my back and looking up at pine needles and oak leaves swaying in the warm breeze. I also love waking up in a tent and watching the shadows that they cast dance around on the fabric.

Coming inside on a hot day and eating a banana twin popsicle. I would always break it down the middle and eat it as slowly as possible.

Eating blueberry pancakes on the forth of July early in the morning.

A lot of these are in the morning huh?

Sitting on the curb of the road watching the 24th parade. I love that whole day! The fireworks, the rodeo, the craft fair, the barbecue. I think it's my favorite holiday.

Playing the ocean all day and then eating. Swimming makes me so hungry! We used to go the swimming pool all the time in the summer and after we got home and got cleaned up we would eat a burrito. It had to be done. Swimming always gave me a craving for a burrito. Weird, but true.

Family reunions! I love 'em, even when the family has grown so much that you only know one in twenty people. I love catching up with people I haven't seen, and hearing life sketches, and watching silly skits. Not to mention the yummy food that I didn't have to cook most of the time!

I'm nowhere near finished but I will stop for now. I do want to tag anyone who read this whole post to post their warm memories. It made me happy!

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Eva, I could believe anything of this Green Gables of yours.

    I can never lead a normal life now!!
    Love,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete