Saturday, February 26, 2011

More Crafty Stuff!


I am a fan of cute flower clips and bows for my girls, but I'm not a fan of paying five bucks for something I know costs pennies to make. I'm always tempted to buy them, and sometimes I do, but today I decided  that it's high time to make my own and improve them. My girls are always losing their bows so I made these with barrettes instead of the little clips. No more sending May to school with expensive bows only to have her come home empty headed. (No double meaning intended.) It was fun and very easy, and they only cost a few cents a piece! Yay for saving money and making cute crafty stuff!

2 comments:

  1. How did you learn how to make these? I want to make some for Maddie, but I'm the type of person who needs step-by-step directions, even for a seemingly simple project. They're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shauni! I just took silk flowers and pulled the plastic center off and hot glued them on the barrette and glued a cute bead in the middle. It's fun to mix and match. For the ribbon flower I just made one loop at a time and hand stitched it in the center to hold each loop in place. It works best to make a loop, stitch it, and then make the loop that is on the opposite side. To finish, I cut a small piece of ribbon and made a small loop to glue in the middle and that hides all the stitches. Then I glued the whole thing on a barrette. I wish I could give you a website to go to, but I just winged it.

    ReplyDelete