1 week ago
Monday, January 19, 2009
It's the end of the world as you know it.
Well, for better or worse we will have a new president tomorrow. I'm inclined to think it will be for the worse. Here comes unhindered abortion, gay marriage/adoption, and socialized everything. Open borders, blanket amnesty, gun control, all while selling ourselves and our children to china. All of the above are wolves in sheep's clothing. All in the name of "Fairness" and "Safety". There, I'll stop now before I build up steam. Well, we are in for "drastic changes" as Pres. Packer put it. Thank heaven for the peace the gospel brings. I hope we all have enough strength in us to swim upstream and go the opposite direction of the world. Remember what is right and true and hang on to it! Don't worry, this story has a happy ending! If your on the right side and prepared that is. "The last days are not a time to fear, but they are a time to remember your covenants." JRHolland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Hold to the rod" and "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear", are things I keep telling myself, as tomorrow approches. Well, to be honest, I am afraid.... for everything you said, and more. What is the saddest/scariest part, is that everyone seems to think it is a great idea! Oh, how blind to the truth some people are.... even good people! HAPPILY clinging to our guns and religion.- Valerie
ReplyDeleteThis isn't to be critical, but rather to present another perspective from someone in the church for >18years:
ReplyDeleteLegalization of abortion is not President Obama's doing; it's been legal since the 1970s (see Roe vs Wade). And I can't quite figure out the issue you're having with "socialization of everything" (not that it is getting that far, if you'd like to read about actual socialism), because the LDS spirit is one of helping people, of not leaving the impoverished in a perpetual state of suffering, of extending opportunities for all to grow and live and learn. Most of the poor in the US are in that condition for faults beyond their own (Kornblum & Julian, 2007: most chs). And yes, there is the issue of gay adoption, but would you really rather those children be left bouncing around from foster home to shelter to foster's home? Think on it.